Senior Quantitative Researcher
Madrone is a venture capital backed cloud based portfolio and business intelligence platform for the asset management industry. The platform transforms public and private data into actionable insights to improve portfolios, businesses, and teams. We empower users with a data driven framework to analyze the “game tapes" of their decisions and a decisioning / recommender engine to ensure they are constantly improving.
The active institutional asset management industry is over $100 Trillion and Madrone aims to become the standard by which skill is measured, products are differentiated, and capital is allocated. We work at the intersection of Finance, Computer Science, and Big Data.
Want to dramatically change how capital allocators make decisions by combining classic quantitative research, behavioral science, and artificial intelligence. You will help drive the direction and build out of a multi-disciplinary research team that creates Madrone’s automated risk decisioning and recommender engines as well as the full suite of predictive analytics. Incorporating large and disparate data sets into a research framework is a core skill and you have proven experience in building and working with innovative risk and alpha models.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics, Finance, or Engineering
- Strong experience working in Python, R, Scala, C#, and SQL
- Experience developing proprietary alpha and risk factors/signals and advanced optimization tools
- Interest in asset management; specifically alternative investments
- Active interest and independent learning in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Clear writing skills to contribute to content creation in the form of white papers, case studies, and blogs.
- Bonus points for experience and/or demonstrated interest in object oriented programming
What's in it for you?
- Growth: Working side-by-side seasoned hedge fund executives and experienced python and ruby developers you will create an innovative data driven intelligence platform.
- Culture: building a Lean Startup with seasoned professionals who favor collaboration and communication.
- Influence: As an early collaborator you’ll be involved in building a unique and impactful product. You’ll also have a voice in technical and product decisions.
- Flexibility: We work as a team but our culture is to be yourself. Start early or start late, work at home on Tuesday and in the office on Saturday…..we all work to get the job done in our unique way.
How to Apply
Send the following (separate attachments) in .pdf format to email@example.com.
- Cover letter: include a paragraph on why you want to work for a start-up
- Resume: The usual stuff but 2 pages max.