Sales / Business Development
Madrone is a venture capital backed cloud based portfolio and business intelligence platform for the asset management industry. The platform transforms public and private data into actionable insights to improve portfolios, businesses, and teams. We empower users with a data driven framework to analyze the “game tapes" of their decisions and a recommender engine to ensure they are constantly improving.
The active institutional asset management industry is over $100 Trillion and Madrone aims to become the standard by which skill is measured, products are differentiated, and capital is allocated. We work at the intersection of Finance, Computer Science, and Big Data.
Feel a sense of ownership and mission in developing a brand from an early stage. Understand how to balance a consultative sales approach while managing an active sales funnel. Believe that financial technology can materially improve the decision making of asset managers and have experience selling to a range of financial institutions. As an early business development team member you will focus on field sales while also supporting marketing and client service. You will help inform product and engineering about customer behavior and feedback to help support an agile development approach. drive the direction and build out of a multi-disciplinary research team that creates Madrone’s automated risk decisioning and recommender engines as well as the full suite of predictive analytics. Incorporating large and disparate data sets into a research framework is a core skill and you have proven experience in building and working with innovative risk and alpha models.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Finance, Marketing, or Economics
- Prior work experience at a financial technology start up with experience selling to asset managers and institutional investors
- Interest in asset management; specifically alternative investments
- Strong interpersonal & networking skills
- Clear writing style and ability to contribute to blog posts and marketing content
- Demonstrated experience using data and technology to improve sales effectiveness
What's in it for you?
- Growth: Working side-by-side seasoned hedge fund executives and experienced python and ruby developers you will create an innovative data driven intelligence platform.
- Culture: building a Lean Startup with seasoned professionals who favor collaboration and communication.
- Influence: As an early collaborator you’ll be involved in building a unique and impactful product.
- Flexibility: We work as a team but our culture is to be yourself. Start early or start late, work at home on Tuesday and in the office on Saturday... we all work to get the job done in our unique way.
How to Apply
Send the following (separate attachments) in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter: include a paragraph on why you want to work for a start-up
- Resume: The usual stuff but 2 pages max.