Madrone is a venture capital backed cloud based portfolio and business intelligence platform for the asset management industry. The platform transforms public and private data into actionable insights to improve portfolios, businesses, and teams. We empower users with a data driven framework to analyze the “game tapes" of their decisions and a recommender engine to ensure they are constantly improving.
The active institutional asset management industry is over $100 Trillion and Madrone aims to become the standard by which skill is measured, products are differentiated, and capital is allocated. We work at the intersection of Finance, Computer Science, and Big Data.
Feel a sense of ownership and mission in developing a brand from an early stage. Understand how to engage with people and are highly motivated to exceed your own high expectations. Believe that financial technology can materially improve the decision making of asset managers and have an interest in learning how to sell to a smart, innovative, and extremely busy customer base. You will participate in a high impact training program that educates you about our products, target market, and our values. Upon completion, you will join the Business Development team and engage with customers, partners, and team members to support our existing customers and surface new ones. You are not afraid of feeling “over your skis” and look at failure as a necessary step in the path to success.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Marketing, or Economics
- Prior work experience at a technology start up with experience selling via phone, email, and social networking
- Interest in asset management; specifically alternative investments
- Strong interpersonal & networking skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Clear writing style and ability to contribute to content creation
- Demonstrated experience using data and technology (CRM) to improve sales effectiveness
What's in it for you?
- Growth: Working side-by-side seasoned hedge fund executives and experienced python and ruby developers you will create an innovative data driven intelligence platform.
- Culture: building a Lean Startup with seasoned professionals who favor collaboration and communication.
- Influence: As an early collaborator you’ll be involved in building a unique and impactful product.
- Flexibility: We work as a team but our culture is to be yourself. Start early or start late, work at home on Tuesday and in the office on Saturday…..we all work to get the job done in our unique way.
How to Apply
Send the following (separate attachments) in .pdf format to email@example.com.
- Cover letter: include a paragraph on why you want to work for a start-up
- Resume: The usual stuff but 2 pages max.