Madrone is a venture capital backed cloud based decision analytics and content management platform for the asset management industry. The software as a service makes it easy for institutions to leverage public and private data to build better portfolios, businesses, and teams. We work at the intersection of Finance, Computer Science, and Big Data.
Want to dramatically change the asset management industry for the better. You will be involved in all aspects of financial data management with a focus on accuracy and scalability. You will help automate the ingestion, processing, and analysis of fund manager transaction and position level data and work closely with our analytics team to reveal business problems and generate customized solutions at scale. Career path can move in the direction of analytics developer or data scientist.
Our Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in asset management or data mining roles
- Strong data analysis skills and a keen interest in asset management
- Prior experience in quantitative research, data analysis / ETL
- Interest and curiosity about investment strategies and risk methodologies
- Attention to detail and interest in quality assurance
- Familiarity with object oriented programming (Python) and machine learning alogrithms
What's in it for you?
- Growth: Working side-by-side seasoned hedge fund executives and with a talented team of software developers you will sit at the intersection of quantitative research and software development.
- Culture: building a Lean Startup from scratch with seasoned professionals who favor collaboration and communication over silos.
- Influence: We are a small team and all ideas and opinions matter. We expect active contribution and you should expect to make a real impact.
- Flexibility: We work as a team but our culture is to be yourself. Start early or start late, work at home on Tuesday and in the office on Saturday…..we all work to get the job done in our unique way.
- Salary, Options, & Benefits
How to Apply
Send the following (separate attachments) in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter: include a paragraph on why you want to work for a start-up
- Resume: The usual stuff but 2 pages max.